Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dang colds...

This time of year I take care of all sorts of people with the flu or pneumonia, so it goes without saying that we are lucky if we get by without them coming into our home too. My husband has come down with a cold, and of course, as men do require a bit more attention with they are sick, I've been trying to make the past few days as easy as possible for him. :) Yesterday was an especially hard day for him, so I decided that while he sleeps and I stay up all night, Id make him a little care package for work tomorrow. I even packed his lunch! lol 

So I went to the store and bought cough drops, mini Advil pack, pocket sized tissues, a box of tissues (so he doesn't have to use paper towels at work and make his nose bleed again...lol), chapstick (to throw away when he gets better - this item is a MUST in our house at all times!), Bath and Bodyworks mini hand sanitizer, cold medicine, and a few  Cinnamon Applesauce packets (the ones Chick fil A has...he loves those things). 

Then I got an old bag out of my wrapping supplies, one that was a little worn and I knew I wouldn't re-gift it again. lol Then I cut out a medical cross out of red paper, and then glued it to a slightly larger white cross. Glued these onto the bag and added a little writing on the top. Then I made a card for him with card stock and colored pencils...its kind of our thing to hand-make greetings for each other. I've saved them all since high school :)

Add a little ribbon and there you go - a cute little homemade care package for just a few bucks!



I love making things for him, I just wish I could see his face when he sees it. But I'm off to bed...time to sleep the day away so I can work tonight.

Hope everyone else out there stays well and take your vitamins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment